Poseidon CCR dives: Nitrogen loading

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Nov 7 04:00:42 PST 2014

On 07/11/2014 12:36, Robert Helling wrote:

> So, what shall we do? I would keep the concept of one current cylinder
> (and explicit_first_cylinder determines that lacking previous gas
> change events as above) and in the CCR gas let that be the diluent and
> not O2. This lets deco/ceiling calculations work as for OC (assuming
> fill_pressures is used) as well as the partial pressure graphs. I
> would only change the gas use calculations to use the current cylinder
> as is only for OC and do that differently (now with two gases and
> adopted interpolation rules) for CCR.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best
> Robert

Robert,
Thank you for your thoughts.
You are talking absolute sense. One needs to keep the code with OC as
the default calculation and add as little as possible to implement CCR.
Essentially, in CCR mode, for overall management one needs to ignore the
oxygen cylinder. But this is (ignorantly) opposite to what my frame of
reference was when I started adapting the code (using cyl 0 as a base
reference because this is what OC does and, momentarily, ignoring the
dil cylinder)  So, in many places I have to do a reversal of logic. It
works OK presently, just the reversal of logic results in cumbersome
code that I am currently trying to simplify/shorten. I will be spending
quite some time with it over the weekend.
Kind regards,
willem