Cylinder pressure interpolation and end pressure display for CCR

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Sun Nov 9 05:10:24 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> As far as the present implementation is concerned, I suspect it would be fairly easy (not simple) to to changes. We just need to agree on the principle of interpolation for the diluent.

I was initially proposing a method that would use the regular OC depth
dependent interpolation method with one modification: only the samples
that represent an increase in depth to be considered, i.e., when
ascending or maintaining depth, we would consider diluent consumption
as zero.

This method creates the problem of separating what actually is a depth
increase and what is simply noise in depth reporting. Two methods
where suggested to solve this issue:

* a threshold (3 feet? something changeable by the user on
preferences?) that would define the minimum depth change that we would
actually consider a depth increase
* a 1 minute time average depth (suggested by Dirk).

I like Dirk`s idea but I believe any one of them would work.

Regarding the graph you posted Willem, I believe that during ascends
and fixed depths periods, the diluent graph should be a perfect
horizontal line (no consumption as I mentioned above).

Regards,

Rodrigo