1) Robert's patch; 2) the filter panel

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 11 01:56:34 PST 2014

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:10 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> We need to remain focused. Let us, for the moment, not talk about what we would like in general and what version 5.0 might have. Let's talk specifically about what version 4.3 should have so that we can get the immediate done while putting the least possible pressure on Tomaz.

Hehe. Agreed to some extend. But as I mentioned, I know that he is trying to finish this code - real life has thrown him a lot of problems in the last three months and real life always comes first.

> Once  we have decided that 4.3 is going with the present filter panel, that gives me the information to generate documentation for the manual and I know what to do. Then, the only info I need is the complete information for the present operation of the filter panel (key shortcuts, etc)  :-)

My suggestion would be that you wait documenting this for a couple of days so we see how much can sanely be implemented in 4.3 and what should be pushed to 5.0.
Worst case I once again adjust my release time line.

I really agree with Davide that the buttons to show / clear / hide the filters are important and a must have for 4.3.

The counts are a really cool idea so I want to at least look into how hard those would be to implement (and how confusing they would be to the user… you could have 30 boat dives and 200 photo dives, yet selecting both boat and photo you get 210 dives shown (because some, but not all boat dives are also photo dives)… I think this makes a lot of sense, but I’ll need to see it in action.