User Manual: 1) Robert's patch; 2) the filter panel

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Nov 11 02:14:48 PST 2014

On 11/11/2014 11:56, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> My suggestion would be that you wait documenting this for a couple of days so we see how much can sanely be implemented in 4.3 and what should be pushed to 5.0.
> Worst case I once again adjust my release time line.
>
> I really agree with Davide that the buttons to show / clear / hide the filters are important and a must have for 4.3.
>
> The counts are a really cool idea so I want to at least look into how hard those would be to implement (and how confusing they would be to the user… you could have 30 boat dives and 200 photo dives, yet selecting both boat and photo you get 210 dives shown (because some, but not all boat dives are also photo dives)… I think this makes a lot of sense, but I’ll need to see it in action.
>
> /D
>
> ____
In the mean time I am doing all the screenshots in the existing manual
that need to replaced (mostly due to Robert's tissue data shown on the
profile). I am doing the screenshotes in Fedora20 + Plasma. Will see how
far I get with a total transition to KDE display for the screenshots.
The time limitation does not lie in taking the screenshots. It lies in
editing the screenshots.
Kind regards,
willem