1) Robert's patch; 2) the filter panel

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 03:13:08 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> It's 100 in the picture :-)

Ha ha, yes. It's lunch time here I need calories :)

> >  IMHO I would expect to filter 230 dives. When filtering more items
> > (multiselection) in the same category I would expect to ADD them.
> > Form the mockup: If I select "Batman" and "Spiderman" in the buddies
> view I
> > will get all the dives with one of them (OR)
>
> And this is why it's confusing. Imagin you have three dives.
>
> Dive 1: boat
> Dive 2: photo
> Dive 3: boat photo
>
> So we show
> boat (2)
> photo (2)
>
> but selecting both we get three dives selected. Not four.
>
> > Basically, on multiselection I would expect OR vertically. AND
> orizontally.
>
> That's how it's implemented already. Have you tried it?

Yes I tried but I did not realize that on TAGs and Buddies we have multiple
items per dive hence that odd (but correct) result could be seen as a bug.
My previous Lightroom example doesn't fit well because a phot could be shot
with just one camera and in my test on Subsurface I didn't notice that :(

It's confusing but correct... What do you think?

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos