translations -- or how the times are changing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Nov 13 14:56:11 PST 2014

Completely random post...

But traditionally and for many releases in a row, the languages that were
the first to be fully translated and had the most complete translations
were always German (I do horrible translations for that - and oh btw, I
need help with some of the terms... what the heck is "compass gain" in
German... Kompass Gewinn???), plus the three languages that are the most
critically important to our user base (as I kept joking):

Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish.

Yet, as I'm preparing for the first beta of 4.3 I notice that all three of
these languages are between 78 and 81% completed. Bulgarian, Italian,
Dutch, Polish, English(UK), Spanish, Portuguese, French, Slovak, even
Danish are ahead of them, Russian, Chinese, Estonian, Latvian and
Brazilian Portuguese are pretty much on par with those three Skandinavian
languages.

I'll admit that I'm shocked...

/D

PS: yes, I'm of course just poking fun at you guys...