DM5 Data structure changes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 15 06:10:16 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 12:52:09PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> > Last week, Suunto released DM5 which ist still a huge bunch of crap and
> > has no evident changes in the UI towards DM4.
> > However, the database has changed, especially the profile part. Name ist
> > still DM4.db though.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.

Linus has been playing with a DM5 pre-release for a while...
My guess is that Suuntu is getting ready for the DEMA release of the EON
Steel?

> > Bytes 8-10 contain the pressure (read bytes backwards and convert to
> > decimal). result is millibar
> > Bytes 11-12 contain the temperature in Celsius (read bytes forwards and
> > convert to decimal)
>
> Should I laugh or cry? At least this should be easy enough to read since
> you already did the decoding.

My general response to most such software is to cry. I've been playing
with the Oceanic / Aeris dive log for a little while and it really does
make you weep. Which reminds me, we should try and learn to decode their
.dlg files at some point. Rainer, have you looked into that, yet?

> Can you share a db, I could try to have support ready for the 4.3 release
> for Subsurface.

Adding that would be very useful indeed.