DM5 Data structure changes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Nov 15 09:45:35 PST 2014

On Nov 15, 2014 2:44 AM, "Rainer Mohr" <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:

> The first 3 bytes are irrelevant.

Hmm. I'll try it with my eon steel too, maybe my data looks different.

> Bytes 11-12 contain the temperature in Celsius (read bytes forwards and
convert to decimal)

Oh Christ.

This explains why DM5 cannot show the temperatures correctly.

The EON Steel gives temperatures in tenth of a degree Celsius, but when I
got it and did my first tests with it before deciding the format, I thought
it had the same bad sensor older suunto dive computers did, because DM5
only shows while degrees.

But if they only save it in while degrees, that certainly explains it .

Actually, maybe I should just send my database for directly to Miika.
Miika? Rainer, are you interested in a copy too?

Not I just need to find the effing thing. My interactions with the win7
install in a VM have been pitiful. Dirk was laughing at my incompetence.
Rainer, maybe you can say where the database file ends up hiding by
default..

     Linus