bugs in daily build 4.2-549

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:06:27 PST 2014

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:05:13AM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> >
> > In Windows 7, 64b, while doing copy/paste of data from a preexisting dive
> > to a new one (manually creating it),  tanks and weight  strings get
> > corrupted, probably the same problem solved some days ago with the tanks
> > names.
>
> Which strings? The descriptions?

Yes, the descriptors.

> BTW, BTW,  some button tags aren't translated, I've realized  "save",
> > "discard", and "cancel".
>
> That's odd - those look like they should be default strings that are
> translated through the Qt translations. Which language did you use?
> Where did those strings show up.

It is.  Only affects Win, in linux are perfectly translated.  I'm on
spanish.
Those are the strings showed on the warning pop ups when quitting without
saving in both, the editor and the complete program (if there are changes
unsaved
to the log).

> On linux git-549 only seems to be affected the weight strings, even
> without
> > copy/paste, after saving the dive, no crash while discarding, button tags
> > translated.
>
> I can't quite parse that sentence... something only happens to the weight
> strings? What does "even without copy/paste" mean in this context?

I apologize for my bad english (specially when I'm in a hurry).  I
initially thought that
the strings thing was only when copy/pasting in Win, but realized it
happened in linux
also,  both with or without copy/paste  (when saying copy/paste I mean the
subsurface
recent feature, not the usual desktop feature).
The other thing I meant was there were no crash or untranslated buttons in
linux.

Regards.

Salva.