bugs in daily build 4.2-549

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 17 05:30:37 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:06:27PM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:

> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:05:13AM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> > >
> > > In Windows 7, 64b, while doing copy/paste of data from a preexisting dive
> > > to a new one (manually creating it),  tanks and weight  strings get
> > > corrupted, probably the same problem solved some days ago with the tanks
> > > names.
> >
> > Which strings? The descriptions?
>
> Yes, the descriptors.

That should be fixed.

> > BTW, BTW,  some button tags aren't translated, I've realized  "save",
> > > "discard", and "cancel".
> >
> > That's odd - those look like they should be default strings that are
> > translated through the Qt translations. Which language did you use?
> > Where did those strings show up.
> >

> It is.  Only affects Win, in linux are perfectly translated.  I'm on
> spanish.
> Those are the strings showed on the warning pop ups when quitting without
> saving in both, the editor and the complete program (if there are changes
> unsaved
> to the log).

This sounds like there are translations missing in the Windows installer.
Odd. Everything else is translated correctly?

> > On linux git-549 only seems to be affected the weight strings, even
> > without
> > > copy/paste, after saving the dive, no crash while discarding, button tags
> > > translated.
> >
> > I can't quite parse that sentence... something only happens to the weight
> > strings? What does "even without copy/paste" mean in this context?
> >

> I apologize for my bad english (specially when I'm in a hurry).  I
> initially thought that
> the strings thing was only when copy/pasting in Win, but realized it
> happened in linux
> also,  both with or without copy/paste  (when saying copy/paste I mean the
> subsurface
> recent feature, not the usual desktop feature).
> The other thing I meant was there were no crash or untranslated buttons in
> linux.

Don't worry about English - I am perfectly happy to ask for clarification
if I'm lost. Your English is orders of magnitudes better than my Spanish
:-)

Anyway, Linux is much more resillient to memory errors - Windows crashes
much more aggressively. But I think the crash / corruption should be fixed
(famous last words).
The translation thing baffles me.