Undo some broken CCR features

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Nov 18 01:03:48 PST 2014

On 18/11/2014 10:41, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> It is the variable that is used for plotting
> in the dive profile. entry->o2pressure is calculated before pressures.o2.
> And what, may I ask, is pressures.o2?

pressures is a structure containing the partial pressures for O2, N2 and
He that Robert created to form the basis of the ceiling and deco
calculations. I think it is a pretty useful concept. entry->o2pressure
is the original variable used before most of these development took
place and, as far as I can gather, is still the one used by Qt for
plotting. After version 4.3 we should look at closer integration between
between entry->o2pressure and pressures, allowing us to eliminate that
particular parameter in the call to fill_pressures(). So my suggestion
in this case is: for 4.3 do not mess with something that works because
this will probably require some action on the Qt side to get things 100%
consistent, utilising pressures for plot data. Right now there are
bigger fish to fry.
Kind regards,
willem