mail interruption

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 18 17:16:09 PST 2014

Since today clearly wasn't my day, after the MySQL server died and took
the database with it (thankfully I had a current backup for the Subsurface
website - a couple other of my websites weren't that lucky), the mail
server was acting up as well and had to be completely re-done.

I have a backup MX server so I thought all would stay sane, but of course
I didn't take Murphy's law into account. A permission error (caused by a
setgid bit that somehow got lost) made mailman bounce emails for a short
while.

Perfect. JUST perfect.

Please check that mails that you sent to the mailing list actually made it
back to you (or are in the archives)... and if I ignored a personal email
from you in the past eight hours it might not hurt to just resend it.

Maybe tomorrow will be smoother for me.