deviceid

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 21 07:30:04 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:23:28AM +0100, Salvador CuƱat wrote:
> El 20/11/2014 16:37, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> escribiĆ³:
>
> > The problem is, of course, that with every firmware update (and those are
> > becoming much more frequent, as you are seeing yourself), you get a new
> > deviceid and we redownload all dives :-(
> >
> Hi Dirk.
> I don't think this is absolutely true, at least it isn't for the OSTC.  I'm
> actually downloading only the last dives after a firmware update. No
> redownload at all.

Interesting, Anton reported that and I have seen this happen myself. And
the way the logic works with a new deviceid I could understand that
Subsurface thinks the dives are new.

Curious. I think I have an OSTC with a pending firmware update. I need to
find the time to try this. There are so many things I need to find the
time for.