deviceid

boret salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:08:43 PST 2014

On Viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2014 16:30:04 Dirk Hohndel escribió:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:23:28AM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> > El 20/11/2014 16:37, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> escribió:
> > > The problem is, of course, that with every firmware update (and those
> > > are becoming much more frequent, as you are seeing yourself), you get
> > > a new deviceid and we redownload all dives :-(
> >
> > Hi Dirk.
> > I don't think this is absolutely true, at least it isn't for the OSTC.
> > I'm actually downloading only the last dives after a firmware update. No
> > redownload at all.
>
> Interesting, Anton reported that and I have seen this happen myself. And
> the way the logic works with a new deviceid I could understand that
> Subsurface thinks the dives are new.
>
> Curious. I think I have an OSTC with a pending firmware update. I need to
> find the time to try this. There are so many things I need to find the
> time for.
>
> /D

Hi Dirk.

When thinking in english I not always say what I meat to. In this case I meant
that, OSTC  *always* download every dive, *but* subsurface filter them very
well, with or without a previous software update.

I keep track of the updates including the fw version in the dc alias and I'm
pretty sure we don't have actually that problem with OSTC.  In the past it
used to happen, but I think it was corrected with 4.x.

This said, have just seen there is a new 3.0 fw version for the OSTC and I
expect to dive tomorrow, so this is a good moment to test Anton's work and the
downloading after the upgrade.

I'll report tomorrow afternoon (Europe time).

Regards.

Salva.