deviceid

boret salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:06:40 PST 2014

Hi Anton.

On Viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2014 16:59:30 Anton Lundin escribió:

> My regular cycle is:
> * open subsurface
> * download from the ostc
> * see how it downloads duplicates of lots of dives, and thus screwing up
>   the nice cleaned gas lists
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think this is the point of the question.  I used to have all six gases
actives, then, after downloading with a new fw (changed deviceid) I had the
same problem with the previously cleaned lists.  I changed my way having
active only the used gases, and the problem disappeared  (probably because
there is no difference between dives in log and newly downloaded dives).

> * swear

I used to too.

> * quit subsurface without saving
> * open subsurface
> * download into a private trip
> * remove the duplicates from the private trip
> * merge the private trip downloads into the appropriate dives.
> * vim xml-file , :%s/old_deviceid/new_deviceid/g
>
> So, it happens on a quite regular basis for me.

I use a 2N and  now it happens no more for me (I even thought it had been a
change in subsurface, but your list has made me remember those issues with
gases). In fact, I use the alias for the dc to keep track of the fw version
and I've now 4 deviceids for the same dc.

BTW, have just updated the OSTC fw to 3.0 with subsurface's new features for
OSTC (that's your child), *and worked great*, better than the tiny H&W
bootloader for win or JDivelog, as with your code OSTC reboots without user
having to force it.
I've noticed some weird thing related to the tasks flow, but I recognize I was
a bit scared to use such an untested software to pay the needed attention.

Regards.

Salva.