serial and firmware -- please help

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Nov 21 14:57:43 PST 2014

On 20 November, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> So I pushed a patch that will dump some data to stderr when you download
> dives from your dive computer. And I'd love for as many people as possible
> to run this against all the dive computers you can get your hands on and
> respond to this email with
>
> a) what Subsurface showed about serial / firmware
> b) what your dive computer and / or its box tell you about serial / firmware
>
> In order for us to be able to do a decent job reporting this information
> we need as many devices tested as possible. So please help.
>
> I uploaded Windows installers as well (4.2.90-31) - you'll have to run
> them from a cmd.exe in order to see the output...
>
> Your help is much appreciated.

There are some code in configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp that handles
Suunto firmware and serial, and HW firmware and serial, that can be
re-used / replaced.

Btw. that code treats serial as a number due to how the DeviceDetails
class was written, and that should probably be fixed and turned into a
string too.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604