Crash when opening log file

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 22 16:26:08 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:34:57PM +0100, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Giuseppe Bilotta <
> giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Well, if you look at the XML there are two attribute-less <cylinder />
> > tags for each dive.
> >

> I guess Subsurface created those when it imported the dives.  Anyway, it
> shouldn't automatically assume that two unspecified cylinders  are oxygen
> and diluent.

See my previous email. I think this is an interesting question. If a dive
is CCR we need an O2 tank and a diluent tank. So what do we do if we
believe (or are told) that this is a CCR dive, but we don't have those two
cylinders? Create them? Bail? Crash? Erase the hard drive but before doing
so post all jpgs we can find on it in the users Facebook account?

> > CCR fixup: changing cylinder 0 use to diluent
> > > CCR fixup: changing cylinder 1 use to oxygen
> > >
> > > That shouldn't be there for non-CCR dives :)
> >
> > That's ... funky. It shouldn't be there indeed, since the fixup should
> > only happen for CCR dives. The corresponding code is only invoked for
> > CCR, so it would seem Subsurface identifies your dc as being CCR?
> >

> Most of those dives were done in gauge mode on the Petrel, and I don't
> really see anything relating to CCR in the xml file.

I'll need to poke at that and figure out what's happening. I'm quite
pressed for time right now, hopefully I'll get to it after the weekend.