CANCEL changes -- next option of CANCEL not intuitive

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 23:18:10 PST 2014

On 11/22/2014 10:52 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I’d appreciate if you could play with the dialogs and see if you can
> trip them up into something stupid. I allowed multiple file selection
> (I think). You can enter file names that don’t exist. Etc. It would be
> good to make sure that none of this causes more issues. Thanks /D

Not sure if this in "stupid" but it isn't intuitive.  Start to change a
dive.  Then hit CANCEL.  This pops a dialogue box with two options:
1.  Close without saving.
2.  Cancel

Hmm.  Since I pressed Cancel should I keep going down that path
(introspective question).  I'm not really "Closing" anything.  I think
it is the wording that struck me as odd.

Since the description in the box above the two buttons is "You are about
to discard your changes" perhaps the two buttons should be:
1. Discard changes.
2. Keep Changes.

Note, pressing CANCEL after pressing CANCEL does indeed CANCEL the
CANCEL.  And if you followed that on the first pass -- well, I'm needing
to head to bed on this thought!

--Steve