INSTALL file

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:46:33 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/17/2014 01:56 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

>>> https://marble.kde.org/sources.php
>>>
>>> but perhaps it would be best to remove all marble related packages first.
>>>
>>>  not the exact answer to the question, i admit. perhaps there are
>> alternative and compatible PPA, if not, you may have to built from the
>> sources which is a bit of task.
>>

> Built from source.  Now need the qmake command to include Marble again.  I
> thought a simple 'qmake' might do that.  But it is still disabled at build
> time.

I wonder if you are missing libmarble-dev. If everything is available,
qmake should pick up Marble. Just to make sure, the Ubuntu packages I have
uploaded to our PPA (subusrface-beta has the 4.2.90 beta release along with
latest master of libdivecomputer) have the following dependencies:

 libqt4-dev, qt4-qmake, libxml2-dev, libxslt1-dev, zlib1g-dev,
libusb-1.0-0-dev, libzip-dev, libmarble-dev, libsqlite3-dev,
libqtwebkit-dev, pkg-config, libgit2-dev, asciidoc

If you have them all installed, then you should have quite complete build
of Subsurface, including Marble. The INSTALL document seems to suggest that
you compile inside the source tree..this is not ideal - better to compile
in a sub directory, so it is easy to delete the whole compile if needed.
(e.g. qmake-qt4 ~/source/subsurface). Anyway, if you disabled Marble with
the qmake, just try to build in a fresh build directory and see if that
helps (I am sure there is a way to tell qmake to re-includ marble, but I
have no idea how, I just scrap the build dir if it is messed up and create
a new one)

HTH
miika