Missing Default tank on DC import

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Nov 23 07:34:14 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:30:33PM -0800, Steve Butler wrote:
> Deleted last dive so I could import from DC.  It came in without the default
> tank from my preferences (HP119).
>
> In addition, when I selected HP119, the cu ft is not 123 (the manufacturer
> of my XL-119 tanks claims they have 123 cu ft at 3442 #).  I have verified
> that all occurrences of HP119 in my dives have been modified to show 123.
> Is there some other place I should change?

What's the wet volume of that tank? It's possible that the manufacturer
gives the gas volume based on the ideal gas law (i.e., wet volume
multiplied with the pressure in bar). But air doesn't behave like an ideal
gas at higher pressures. We try to calculate an approximation of the real
behavior of air (look at surface_volume_multiplier() in dive.c) which
gives a lower gas volume at higher pressures as you would assume by simply
using the ideal gas laws.