serial and firmware -- please help

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Nov 23 08:47:35 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:01:49AM +0100, boret wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2014 00:41:36 Dirk Hohndel escribió:
> > So I pushed a patch that will dump some data to stderr when you download
> > dives from your dive computer. And I'd love for as many people as possible
> > to run this against all the dive computers you can get your hands on and
> > respond to this email with
> >
> > a) what Subsurface showed about serial / firmware
> > b) what your dive computer and / or its box tell you about serial /
> > firmware
> >
> For  OSTC 2N
>
> libdc devinfo serial nr converted to 0000-3252
> libdc devinfo firmware version converted to 07.68
>
> Serial number is 3252
> FW versión is 3.00        (0768 = 0x0300)

So with the latest master and the Subsurface-testing branch of
libdivecomputer that I mentioned yesterday you should now get the correct
data in the "extra data" tab (same with the Windows daily that I just
started building, should be up soon).

I now have
- OSTC
- Petrel
- Suunto Vyper2 family
- Oceanic Atom2 family
- Uemis

I'm sure there are more dive computers represented here on the list. Would
a few others mind helping us out and posting what they get for serial and
firmware (if anything)?

Thanks