Weights

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 17:40:05 PST 2014

On 11/23/2014 07:01 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Nov 22, 2014, at 11:43 PM, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On last dive that was imported -- the weights had to be added back in.  [Of course!!!]
>>
>> But, when I added each line it picked up the weight from the prior dive.  The downside is I had to add all three lines.
>> *  ankles 2 #
>> *  integrated pockets 30#
>> *  BC Pockets 8#
>>
>> [Yup, I'm a big guy but down from 69 # I carried three years ago.]
>>
>> If we are going to copy from the last dive, why not copy all the lines and save the user some entry time.  They can always edit.  At this point I don't see the weight pattern changing much from dive to dive for me.  I'd like an option where the weights from the last previously saved dive auto-copy to all the new dives as they download.
> So we have the Copy & Paste option where you can do just that. Download your new dives. Go to the last dive that was similar and then copy the data that you want to keep and just paste it on all the new dives.
>
> What we do remember is the last weight VALUE. So the last time you used ankle weights, they were 2#.
> But for those who often change where they dive (that would include myself), I don’t really want to have it fill in the data from my last dive… Backplate, V-bar for cold tech dives and integrated weights for recreational dives… I don’t see an advantage in just assuming that the last dive was like this dive.
>
> Now that I write this, I guess I could come up with an algorithm that might usually make sense. If the user uses auto-trip and the last dive /in this trip/ has weights, then maybe it mike sense to just copy them. What do you think?
>
> /D

Have to admit it was weighing heavy on my mind as I went to sleep after
sending that.  Then it hit me that when I go on vacation with the
wetsuit I'd hate to have to edit those multiple dives that "assumed" was
still using the dry suit and more weight.  So, you and I have arrived at
the same place.

Forgot about the copy/paste.  But had thought maybe just a button
(really small) next to the + sign to copy weights from last dive. At
least it wouldn't happen automatically and be a hassle for divers who
switch up their equipment.  But for divers like me who dive
OC/Dry/Nitrox/same weights for most of the year it would be nice to flag
a set of fields that could be copied at one click under control of the user.

--Steve