INSTALL file

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:08:26 PST 2014

On 24 November 2014 at 03:20, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/22/2014 11:46 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> not the exact answer to the question, i admit. perhaps there are
>>> alternative and compatible PPA, if not, you may have to built from the
>>> sources which is a bit of task.
>>>

>> Built from source.  Now need the qmake command to include Marble again.  I
>> thought a simple 'qmake' might do that.  But it is still disabled at build
>> time.
>

> I wonder if you are missing libmarble-dev. If everything is available, qmake
> should pick up Marble. Just to make sure, the Ubuntu packages I have
> uploaded to our PPA (subusrface-beta has the 4.2.90 beta release along with
> latest master of libdivecomputer) have the following dependencies:
>

> It is present but Lubomir thinks it was compiled with an older version of qt
> than I'm using.  I was getting:
> .obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x60): undefined
> reference to `Marble::MarbleWidget::connectNotify(QMetaMethod const&)'
> .obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x68): undefined
> reference to `Marble::MarbleWidget::disconnectNotify(QMetaMethod const&)'
>
> Lubomir had me turn off Marble with:
>
> qmake "DEFINES += NO_MARBLE"
> make clean
> make
>

> I pulled down latest Marble (or thought I did) and compiled on my box.  Need
> to go buy "Qmake for Dummies" so I can reverse the above and see if what I
> did "fixed" my problem.

make sure you have marble installed "sudo make install".
https://marble.kde.org/sources.php

but something to note here; this:
... -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ...

will build a 'debug' version of marble which means that you need to
build subsurface with "make debug", unless you have also have built a
'release' version of marble in which case you can also build
subsurface using 'make release'.

the idea behind 'make release' and 'make debug' is that on runtime
subsurface will look for different shared libraries between the two.
in the case of 'debug' those are inflated with special debug symbols
that are useful for finding the exact problematic line of code.

to redo the qmake configuration just run:
qmake
make clean
make [debug]

if you get errors post them here.