Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Nov 24 08:06:36 PST 2014

On 24/11/2014 17:05, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 09:25:52PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> can someone give advice to the user @ #772:
>> http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/
>>
>> to my (non-existent) knowledge if one adds cylinders to a dive, those
>> will remain unused and cannot be marked as used and participate in the
>> calculations. is that correct?
> I just commented on the bug. I have added support for this scenario a
> while ago. Once you manually add tank switches between the different tanks
> with identical gas, things should work correctly.
>
> /D

Please give a little bit more information, both for myself and for the
user manual. Attached is the profile of a recreational sidemount dive.
Unless I let the gas mixture differ by 2%, the gas switches are not
recorded. So I get round this by using gas mixtures 1% above and 1%
below the true mixture. Since both cylinders almost never have exactly
the same O2, the mixtures on the graph are frequently very close to the
measurements at the start of the dive. But it is still a workaround. If
there is a way to switch cylinders with exactly the same mixture, it
would be very useful to know how to achieve this and I would like to
document that in the user manual.
Kind regards,
willem