heads up, Subsurface-testing branch of libdivecomputer force-updated

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Nov 24 11:19:25 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Linus Torvalds

> This patch fixes the Vyper2 case. It's signed-off, but you might just
> want to squash it into your original suunto commit, I don't need the
> credit..
>
> This does *not* touch the other suunto front-ends that don't have the
> serial number string code, but afaik they should all basically use the
> same "%08u" format.

Oh, and this patch does *not* fix the fact that current subsurface
screws up the firmware version with its guess..

  -divecomputerid "Suunto Vyper Air" deviceid=d4629110
serial="01201094" firmware="1.1.22"
  +divecomputerid "Suunto Vyper Air" deviceid=d4629110
serial="01201094" firmware="658.14"

so please do remove the incorrect testing code. Feel free to print it
*out*, but don't do that

+       /* for now copy the "made up" strings converted from the 32bit
numbers that libdivecomputer gives us;
+        * if the dive computer backend supports the DC_FIELD_STRING
interface this will later be overwritten by the correct strings */
+       dive->dc.serial = copy_string(devdata->serial);
+       dive->dc.fw_version = copy_string(devdata->firmware);

because you're corrupting peoples existing data.

                  Linus