INSTALL file

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 19:04:02 PST 2014

On 11/24/2014 06:08 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 24 November 2014 at 03:20, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 11/22/2014 11:46 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:

>>> Built from source.  Now need the qmake command to include Marble again.  I
>>> thought a simple 'qmake' might do that.  But it is still disabled at build
>>> time.
>>
>> I wonder if you are missing libmarble-dev. If everything is available, qmake
>> should pick up Marble. Just to make sure, the Ubuntu packages I have
>> uploaded to our PPA (subusrface-beta has the 4.2.90 beta release along with
>> latest master of libdivecomputer) have the following dependencies:
>>

>> It is present but Lubomir thinks it was compiled with an older version of qt
>> than I'm using.  I was getting:
>> .obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x60): undefined
>> reference to `Marble::MarbleWidget::connectNotify(QMetaMethod const&)'
>> .obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x68): undefined
>> reference to `Marble::MarbleWidget::disconnectNotify(QMetaMethod const&)'
>>
>> Lubomir had me turn off Marble with:
>>
>> qmake "DEFINES += NO_MARBLE"
>> make clean
>> make
>>

>> I pulled down latest Marble (or thought I did) and compiled on my box.  Need
>> to go buy "Qmake for Dummies" so I can reverse the above and see if what I
>> did "fixed" my problem.
>>

> make sure you have marble installed "sudo make install".
> https://marble.kde.org/sources.php
>
> but something to note here; this:
> ... -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ...
>
> will build a 'debug' version of marble which means that you need to
> build subsurface with "make debug", unless you have also have built a
> 'release' version of marble in which case you can also build
> subsurface using 'make release'.
>
> the idea behind 'make release' and 'make debug' is that on runtime
> subsurface will look for different shared libraries between the two.
> in the case of 'debug' those are inflated with special debug symbols
> that are useful for finding the exact problematic line of code.
>
> to redo the qmake configuration just run:
> qmake
> make clean
> make [debug]
>
> if you get errors post them here.
>
> lubomir
> --

Sorry for the delayed response.  I'll use the "Life" comment I've seen
from others.  If you want the detailed litany just PM me <<grin>>.

I'm back to square one:
.obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x60):
undefined reference to `Marble::MarbleWidget::connectNotify(QMetaMethod
const&)'
.obj/moc_globe.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV8GlobeGPS[_ZTV8GlobeGPS]+0x68):
undefined reference to
`Marble::MarbleWidget::disconnectNotify(QMetaMethod const&)'
Makefile:523: recipe for target 'subsurface' failed
make: *** [subsurface] Error 1

Maybe my compile and install of Marble didn't do what I thought it did.
I'm thinking of firing up Software Center and removing all incarnations
of Marble I can find and then do a find /usr -name '*marble*' and see
what is left.  Hope I don't destroy my box in the process.  I'll try to
refrain from:
cd /
sudo rm -rf *

<<huge frown>>