Dive Computer Ramblings

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Oct 3 12:22:40 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> My girlfriend said that she would never dive a so huge and heavy DC. She
> seared it on her wrist and she was right. On a girl wetsuit wrist it is
> funny and 346g...
> Its actually aimed at tech market.

Oh, agreed. It's clearly aimed at a tech market.

And yes, I hope there will be a smaller (thinner/lighter) version of
this thing eventually. I think the features are good, but it _is_
unquestionably heavy.

(And I stress the "heavy" part because I've seen and used a lot of big
dive computers - I think the Uemis is actually bigger with the size of
the screen being very similar (but the rest of the dive computer is
very differently shaped). But the Uemis is much lighter, at around
230g).

                Linus