almost missed it - statistics update

William Perry wmperry at kadath.us
Mon Oct 6 10:57:52 PDT 2014

On Oct 6, 2014, at 1:46 PM, Krzysztof Arentowicz <karent.bug at gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu 28.09.2014 o 05:50, Dirk Hohndel pisze:
>>> Another idea if we want to work with PADI.  They have a online dive
>>> logging and sharing website, scubaearth.com (and I'm sure other
>>
>> That is a very cool idea. I assume that several people here are PADI
>> instructors... do we happen to have a PADI Master Instructor or even a
>> Course Director on the list? That might make it easier to reach out to
>> PADI. I will ask a good friend who is an SDI and TDI master instructor to
>> try and get me in contact with them.
>
> SSI also has its online divelog (a little bit coarse and behind the time, but stil)
> A few weeks ago during my Instructor Evaluation exam I had a chance to talk to Ronny Kain who is SSI Instructor Certifier and I did a presentation of Subsurface
> for him.
> This was just after 4.2 release. He seemed very interested with the program and the idea of exporting data to SSI webpage.
> He was about to look into this further.
> Did anyone from SSI contact you about this?
>
> Also, I include Subsurface as part of my OWD trainings. When we reach topic of computers and dive planning, the next thing I do is show them how to download
> dive data to Subsurface.
> I did not reach too many people yet, but I try to do my job spreading the word ;)

That is a fantastic idea, I will try to get the rest of the instructors at the local dive shop I work with to do this as well.  I will be in Bonaire for the next few weeks with friends that work in the training department at SDI/TDI, will have to put a bug in their ear about mentioning subsurface in their training materials in the next update or mentioning it in their newsletters/blog postings.

ScubaPro seems to be pushing diviac, haven’t played with it much though.

-bill