PSCR profiles

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 7 11:28:47 PDT 2014

On 07-10-14 13:21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>> Is it possible that no one is properly logging its pscr dives?
> I really don't know. I have learned that a large part of the recreational
> open circuit divers don't log their dives, period. Or have a perfunctuary
> paper logbook to fulfil country specific logging needs.
>
> I would have assumed that rebreather divers are more diligent, but I could
> be wrong.

I have a pretty good oversight in the PSCR/RB80 divers community esp. in
the Netherlands and Belgium. I am not aware of anybody that is currently
logging pp02 from a sensor. Even ppO2 sensors are used by only half of
the group, but without logging attached; just for reference in more
critical moments in the dive.

It is just not considered useful on a PSCR by most. We know that the
ppO2 drops and that we have to vigilant when ascending and when
switching gas. And we are perfectly happy with a known maximum drop from
a decompression point of view.