DLD Changes

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:52:36 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Rainer Mohr <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:

> Hi Miika,
>
> As you are the XML and XSLT Master, here comes a request to you for the
> divelogs sync:
> I just released a new version which finally supports multiple tanks. I had
> lots of requests for this, most coming from Subsurface users who want all
> their tanks transferred to divelogs.

What is the status of picture support on the API? IIRC you mentioned that
you are working on it, but I don't think it existed the last time I checked.

> So the DLD Format just got a few new fields. Example attached. The
> <ADDITIONALTANKS> is completely optional and always additional to the main
> tank which continues to live directly in the <DIVELOGSDATA>.
> Also please note, that a new tag <HEPCT> for Helium percentage has been
> added to the main tank and all additional tanks.

The import to Subsurface is now implemented. The export is a bit more
"interesting" as we do not have concept of main tank. I think to just use
the first in the XML as the main cylinder and the others as additional.
Does this make sense?

> This will work in both directions off course and the API has already been
> updated, so feel free to try and play around.

I only have single tank dives, so I leave the testing to others.

miika