DLD Changes

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Sun Oct 12 12:17:46 PDT 2014

Hi Miika,

Am 12.10.14 20:52, schrieb Miika Turkia:
> What is the status of picture support on the API? IIRC you mentioned
> that you are working on it, but I don't think it existed the last time
> I checked.

I have implemented this on the export page to try it out.
https://en.divelogs.de/DLDexport.php*?alldata=true* (if signed in) will
give you an "extended" DLD containing your certifications, documents,
Pictures, video-urls, etc. The XML files point to the files included in
the zip, so it should be parseable. My main concern is the size and the
performance. I just exported mine and it results in a 480MB DLD-file
containing over 2000 pictures.... That not only takes a while to put
together, but also consumes a lot of ressources. I have no problem to
build it in to the API, as most logs don't contain that much data, but
it might be a bit slowish for those who put everything they see on their
SD card (like me :) ), so timeouts could occur.

Please just add a picture or two on your subsurface test account and
export the file via the url above. If you say you could work with that,
I'll implement that. Same goes for other direction, if you can put
together the DLD file with the pictures like that...

> The import to Subsurface is now implemented. The export is a bit more
> "interesting" as we do not have concept of main tank. I think to just
> use the first in the XML as the main cylinder and the others as
> additional. Does this make sense?

Damn, you're fast :-)
Yes, the first tank as the main cylinder is perfect, it doesn't really
matter for any SAC calculations, as all tanks are taken into account.
The only difference it makes, is that the first "tab" on the dive page
is your main tank and is not deleteable and the others are the
additional tanks. So just take the first as the main tank...

Let my know how to proceed with the API...

Rainer