Subsurface TOT does not show marble maps anymore

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Oct 14 03:32:32 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:54:54AM +0200, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2014 11:44 AM, "Marc MERLIN" <marc at merlins.org> wrote:
> >
> > But when I start subsurface, nothing is displayed.
> > View all does not show the map.
> > View globe shows an empty page.
>
> Hmm. At least sometimes the globe is just hidden because the pane has been
> set to zero width and it's all hiding to the right (and you can drag the
> pane divider to show it). Although the "view globe" should maximize it, but
> maybe that's broken too..
>
> So see if you can find a pane divider on the right side. If not, I have no
> idea what went wrong..

Very good call. It looks like a new bug in qt or something. This never
happened with subsurface up to 4.1-424.
Indeed, it was a 1 pixel wide divider bar (invisible) all the way to the
right.
My mouse cursor gave me a hint of where it was, and I was then able to
drag it left and make the map appear.

Thankfully after I moved it and exited subsurface, restarting it made
the globe appear.

Thanks for your help, and greetings from the Banda Sea in Indonesia
(Maumere to Ambon, towards Raja Ampat) :)
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901