patches pushed (and request for help with OSTC3)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 14 11:38:42 PDT 2014

One patch that I would love Josh and Anton to take a look at is my fix for
#744. Basically we didn't set up ANY reasonable defaults for the OSTC3.
Which caused the crash that Anton reported, but which also means that if
people manually add a couple of numbers and then save those settings to
the OSTC3, they can crap. Illegal gases, and most annoyingly they get
Saturation and Desaturation both set to the illegal value of 0 - which
nonetheless the OSTC3 respects which means that it turns off the deco
handling and NDL calculation completely...

So we need to a) fill in ALL the defaults and b) to plausibility tests for
the values before we write them.

Sadly, I just returned the OSTC3 that I had with me on this trip to
Matthias (it was a preproduction model that had a hardware defect) and
don't have access to an OSTC3 until I return home. So if someone else with
an OSTC3 could take a stab at that, that would be nice.

Simply walk through the settings and deco settins and look at the values
that are offered (and make sure that only such values are sent) and look
at the default values (they are marked with a '*' in the OSTC3 UI).

Thanks