Patches to add basic support for the Suunto EON Steel

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Oct 22 15:34:40 PDT 2014

Ok, I re-organized my patches a bit, and here are four patches to
support the basic dive log download of the new Suunto EON Steel dive
computer. I combined some of my basic support patches into one, since
I didn't feel like I needed to show the odd history of having
implemented some things in stages (ie the second attachment was
originally four patches that didn't do anything useful unless
combined)..

Three of the patches are for libdivecomputer:

 - patch 1/3: the preparatory parser support patch

 - patch 2/3: the basic core dive data downloader for the EON Steel

 - patch 3/3: the small addition to parse more than the basic data

Patch 2/3 works on its own, but means that you *just* get the core
dive data (with full dive profiles and cylinder pressures). Patch 3/3
gives you the serial number and firmware version etc, but that relies
on 1/3.

The fourth patch (1/1) is the patch to subsurface to actually use the
new parser support in libdivecomputer, so that you can get the EON
Steel serial numbers etc.

This makes your Suunto EON Steel quite usable with subsurface. There
is more we could do, but it's all fairly secondary stuff. I'd like to
get this all accepted before I even bother starting to look at the
other things I can do with the dive computer.

Of course, since apparently the EON Steel won't really be *available*
until Nov 15th or so, right now these patches are useful mainly to
people with preproduction models like me. But wouldn't it be nice if
we could just say that we support the thing before it's even available
for sale?

                      Linus