OSTC Configuration

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 27 14:44:25 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:04:57PM +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> On 27 October, 2014 - Anton Lundin wrote:
>
> > Here is the results of my last little project. This stack of patches
> > adds support for reading and writing the config blocks of the OSTC
> > devices.
> > All this bit magic was a bit tricky to get right so i wrote some
> > simulator code for tis to actually be able to test read/write.
> >
> > There are some blocks in this code that ain't pretty. I kinda ran out of
> > ideas to try to make it less ugly, so please, if anyone have some
> > suggestion of sane pattern we could use I'm all ears(eyes?).
> >
> > There is also some cases where we should care about errors from
> > libdivecomputer and show them propperly, but thats actually needed for
> > all the config parts, so i thought i send out these ones and attack that
> > later.
> >

> And yes, if anyone wonders, the code is tested against a real device.
> All and every corner isn't tested that thoroughly, but it looks like i
> actually got it right =)

I'll need to get my OSTC 2N and my OSTC 3 out and do a
- backup
- write random settings
- restore
- backup

cycle and check that the two backups are identical...

I am obviously rather nervous about this code. A prior instantiation ended
up getting my OSTC3 into a state (with earlier firmware, thanks to
Matthias this couldn't happen anymore with the latest version) where it no
longer calculated any deco / ndl... which is kinda the point of a dive
computer.

And of course, what's still missing is the firmware update :-)