OSTC Configuration

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Oct 27 23:24:19 PDT 2014

On 27 October, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:04:57PM +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> > On 27 October, 2014 - Anton Lundin wrote:
> >
> > > Here is the results of my last little project. This stack of patches
> > > adds support for reading and writing the config blocks of the OSTC
> > > devices.
> > > All this bit magic was a bit tricky to get right so i wrote some
> > > simulator code for tis to actually be able to test read/write.
> > >
> > > There are some blocks in this code that ain't pretty. I kinda ran out of
> > > ideas to try to make it less ugly, so please, if anyone have some
> > > suggestion of sane pattern we could use I'm all ears(eyes?).
> > >
> > > There is also some cases where we should care about errors from
> > > libdivecomputer and show them propperly, but thats actually needed for
> > > all the config parts, so i thought i send out these ones and attack that
> > > later.
> > >

> > And yes, if anyone wonders, the code is tested against a real device.
> > All and every corner isn't tested that thoroughly, but it looks like i
> > actually got it right =)
>
> I'll need to get my OSTC 2N and my OSTC 3 out and do a
> - backup
> - write random settings
> - restore
> - backup
>
> cycle and check that the two backups are identical...
>
> I am obviously rather nervous about this code. A prior instantiation ended
> up getting my OSTC3 into a state (with earlier firmware, thanks to
> Matthias this couldn't happen anymore with the latest version) where it no
> longer calculated any deco / ndl... which is kinda the point of a dive
> computer.
>
> And of course, what's still missing is the firmware update :-)

Yepp. The OSTC3 have a much "saner" interface for config than the
OSTC's.

Most of the debugging I've done have bin using the read/write file
(OSTC_DEBUG) and comparing the memory dumps with a hex editor. That way
I could change a setting and make sure the only bits flipped was the
right ones.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604