cochran_emc.h: packed structs

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 28 09:34:33 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 09:28:31AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Are we sure of the sample size? It's an odd number of bytes...

We have dive computers with non-constant sample sizes. And pretty much any
random number you can think of. Yes, 8 is common, as are 12 or 16.

Anyway, see my other email. Assume that we don't get to pick the layout of
the data and would prefer a very simple way to deal with this that creates
readable code.

I know that Jef has looked at this many times and maybe he is right and
there is no solution.

A man can hope.