bug reports on trac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 28 20:52:30 PDT 2014

As always, as we get ready for a release, I'm going back through trac bug
reports. It's pretty sad how many are sitting there and no one cares.

If it's really just Jef and me who are taking care of this then we as a
community are failing our users. There are quite a few tickets where there
are obvious requests for more data that should be asked. Or where someone
even with limited understanding of our sources could sit down and try to
reproduce the bug and add more data or maybe even look at the code and see
if something stands out that seems bogus.

It's fun. And it will improve the experience for our users.

Lubomir, any chance you could look at #740. We clearly are messing up with
wchar and Windows path names, again.

Anyone with a tiny bit of understanding of our source could fix 739.

732 and 738 might be a bit harder, but not much. My bet is that's a change
of fewer than 5 lines.

726 is also something that I bet would be really easy to figure out.

731 is something that someone could try to reproduce - I don't see this.

Etc.

Thanks