File::encodeName() and Utf8 as the default encoding under Qt5

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Oct 29 11:39:49 PDT 2014

On Wednesday 29 October 2014 19:04:20 Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> i must admit that the whole concept locale codecs evades me a little...
> unless Thiago is against this one and there are other Qt areas where
> codecForLocale() is important, the patch works (tm).

Qt itself always uses the wide-char functions of the Win32 API, so it should
not be affected by the locale choice. It will affect only the defaults in
QTextStream and other string conversion functions, but I'm guessing we *want*
to read and write UTF-8 to our files anyway.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358