CSV import of Poseidon dive logs

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Oct 31 12:46:06 PDT 2014

On 30/10/2014 22:16, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
> <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
>
>     Miika,
>
>     I just submitted a patch that addresses the bug you found relating
>     to setpoint data. I hope this problem is solved.
>     When using your import code, the o2 partial pressure (calculated
>     in calculate_ccr_po2() in profile.c) should be plotted underneath
>     the depth profile. The current o2 partial pressure graph is
>     erroneous and looks like the setpoint, not the o2 partial
>     pressure. The patch I submitted does not solve this plotting
>     problem. Would you by any chance be prepared to have a look?
>

> Number of O2 sensors was not set. Patch sent. (I assume that 2 is
> correct number for MK6.)
>
> miika

Miika,

Thank you, this works perfectly!

There are two issues:
1) The easy one: Is it possible to extract the text information from the
contol file(*.txt) and insert that into the notes text box of the dive
Notes tab? The hex at the top of that file should not be included in the
notes text box. The text is pretty important info reflecting many things
in the setup prior to diving and also several other things during the dive.
2) The more difficult one. The start and end pressures of the diluent
cylinder should be entered into the second row of the cylinders table in
the Equipment tab (the 1st row represents the o2 cylinder) Currently the
values are empty.

I think that would, for the moment, complete the import part for the
Poseidon.

How much of this is easily doable?
Thank you VERY much for your time.
Kind regards,