CSV import of Poseidon dive logs

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:25:51 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> There are two issues:
> 1) The easy one: Is it possible to extract the text information from the
> contol file(*.txt) and insert that into the notes text box of the dive
> Notes tab? The hex at the top of that file should not be included in the
> notes text box. The text is pretty important info reflecting many things in
> the setup prior to diving and also several other things during the dive.

will do

> 2) The more difficult one. The start and end pressures of the diluent
> cylinder should be entered into the second row of the cylinders table in
> the Equipment tab (the 1st row represents the o2 cylinder) Currently the
> values are empty.

The diluent pressure should actually be already there. I'll have to see
where the bug is hiding to fix it...

> I think that would, for the moment, complete the import part for the
> Poseidon.
>
> How much of this is easily doable?

Shouldn't cause any problems. I'll try to get some coding done tomorrow
(provided I get all the sources and devel environment on my "new" laptop
before a flight).

> Thank you VERY much for your time.

no problemo

miika