some tests for diveshare?

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 4 06:00:28 PDT 2014

Hello,

I've done major changes in diveshare so that now it no longer uses XML but it
uses the properly generated json from the development version.

Dives can be "private", meaning that they will not appear in any "related
dives" lists, but will be accessible if the URL is known (or guessed).

Currently deletion doesn't work yet, but it's not difficult to implement so it
will be working soon.

It supports photo upload but the API is awful (because google generates a new
URL to where the data has to be sent, every time).

So what I need is for you to upload your dives there and report me any
problems.

How to test:

Export some of all of your dives in HTML, then find the file called "file.js"
within the directory that the HTML export creates.

Then upload that file here: http://dive-share.appspot.com/
Dives uploaded there will be public.

To upload private dives, you must use the shell.

curl -XPUT http://dive-share.appspot.com/upload?private=true -T file.js

This will return a list with all the ids of the created dives.

If you want to find them again, you can associate them to your account, the
easy way is to open http://dive-share.appspot.com/dive/dive_id (please note
that dive_id needs to be replaced with the id) and then click on "associate
this dive with my account".

If you encounter any problems, please contact me.

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/