English version of the homepage in half-Italian?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 9 07:37:22 PDT 2014

On Sep 9, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> On Sep 9, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You restored the original of the wrong page, though. You restored the About page in the Downloads page :-)
>
> Ouch!

No worries. I have extensive backups and WordPress keeps revisions around.
So it’s really fairly easy to deal with editing mishaps like this.
I’m more worried that someone tries something crazy that messes with the database. I’m not sure how good the role protections are in WordPress :-(

> > Building
> > Contributing
> > 4.2 user manual (OMG!!!)
>
> I cannot believe that we have Spanish and Russian translations for that.
> That is SO MUCH WORK…
>
> I already started the Contributing page, I will leave Building to Salvo who is a Linux guy ;)
>
> For the user manual, is a lot of work indeed... When I will finish this, the 4.4 will be already here…

I think that the majority of the manual will see only minor tweaks between now and 4.3. So if you WANT to do it, now is the time - and then adjust prior to the release.
I’m not asking you to do it - I certainly have no plans to do a German translation of it (and I doubt that German divers would understand what I’d write, anyway, as I learned to dive in the US).