installation error (os x 10.6.8 installer)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 9 12:32:19 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:15:21PM +0100, Olivier Testa wrote:
> One first crash.

More than that...

> - I tried to plan a fake dive, but couldn't figure how it worked so,

Have you considered looking through the manual? F1 will get you that with
lots of explanations...

> - I tried to enter a dive by hand
> - enter all the main information : date, place, double-clicked on the map for the coordinate, and notes. ok
> - second tab: equipment: I entered the 2 tanks, manually graphically adjusted the diveplan, and it crashed. Couldn't produce the causes of the crash again.

What exactly did you do when it crashed? I know that the 4.2 code base has
at least one bug where planning a dive, canceling that, then adding a dive
and saving that could cause a crash.

> I launched the software again, did the same procedure, but when I double-clicked on the map to enter the coordinates, it did nothing. It crashed when I right-clicked on the map and selected "edit the dive locations"  (here-s the crash report) (It crashes everytime I tried this).

Known bug in 4.2.

I intentionally made a package of the release (including two tiny changes
to make building with Qt4 on a Mac work again). I did not cherry pick any
other fixes.

And given how few reports on this bug we have received I don't think it's
worth cutting 4.2.1 for this...