Dive Computer Ramblings

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Wed Sep 10 00:56:22 PDT 2014

> (build?): As Linus writes, during the five the air Integration is of
> little use, but the information is interesting afterwards.

I have argued differently. The reason being that looking in one place (the
DC) for all information is much more practical than having 2-3 data
sources strewn here and there in your configuration.

The analog SPG should be there as a backup device, but tucked away so that
it causes no snagging. Many are the occasions when I have seen, even a
tech, diver who is like a xmas-tree with all his clipped on gear,
including the SPG, hanging off when in a horizontal position.

Another minor point is that (at least Suunto) presents the value in
numbers. No requirement to interpret what you see, as you would have to
when looking at a gauge.

Regarding Suunto otherwise: I completely agree with Linus critisism. The
lack of illuminated display (which may change soon though) is the biggest
issue. Another one is the quality of their devices. I have, during my 6
year career as a diver, gone through 3 D9's, 3 HelO2's and 1 Vytec DS.

But if something good can be said about Suunto in my experience, it is
their support which is excellent. Every time I took the broken device to
their service point at the HQ in Vantaa, I got a replacement without
charge, even when the warranty had expired. And when I returned the Vytec
(which was less than 1 year after purchase), they replaced it with a
HelO2.

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted