Dive Computer Ramblings

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:20:52 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> On 10.09.2014, at 05:56, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> So let's combine that information: It seems to me what you want is not an
> air integrated computer but in fact a data logger that is in a small box
> that sits on the first stage of your regulator like the transmitters do.
> Just have a pressure sensor and a real time clock and write that off to
> flash memory and make that accessible via USB. The electronics with some
> micro controller shouldn't be too hard to build, but it would be beyond my
> capabilities to put that in a water tight box and make it not explode when
> connected to a 300bar cylinder. But I guess it should be possible to even
> build a prototype for less than 100 currency units roughly.

Time to start with a kickstarter project? :)

The case shouldn't be something very different from this:

http://www.scubapursuits.com/User/Products/LrgImg/94/apeks-hp-port-button-gauge.jpg

Maybe that it's too little bbut just add electronics, battery and some USB port.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos