installation error (os x 10.6.8 installer)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 10 06:46:44 PDT 2014

On Sep 10, 2014, at 2:55 AM, Olivier Testa <olivier.testa at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Thank you very much.

You are very welcome

> I tried many features and all are working. The manual is also very detailed.
> Thank you for the job, Subsurface has a great potential.

I’m glad you think so. In a few days it should pop up a survey with a few questions (or you can trigger that manually by starting it from the command line with the —survey option). I’d love to get your feedback (plus the data point from the 32bit version of MacOS) into our database.

> I could translate some part of the manual in french.

Thanks for the offer. Translating the manual is a HUGE task. We have a few French contributors who are helping with the website and the translation of the application itself, no one so far has tackled the manual.

I’m copying back in the mailing list in case there is more interest in doing that.

We’ll do a version 4.3 in a couple of months and I think the majority of the manual will stay stable. So if you really want to do this, please sync with the others and go ahead. I’d sure love to have it (and French is one of our top languages - third behind English and German).