Dive Computer Ramblings

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 10 10:18:42 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 06:59:35PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> Il 10/set/2014 15:39 "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> ha scritto:
> > It's supposed to be top secret and not to be shown to anyone until its
> official launch (which I heard rumors was supposed to be this week).
> > I'm surprised your local shop has one already...
> >

> I'm just coming back from the dive shop. I played again with the brick.
> It's called Steel.
> Because of it's case. I didn't care to read the manual but it's really
> heavy heavy heavy and huge. It comes with a rubber cover that gives even a
> bigger feeling.
> I do not like its design. Horrible.

I have seen a picture (apparently it was reviewed in a French magazine...
"Plongeur International") and I actually really like the design. I guess
it's all a matter of taste. I like divecomputers to have a readable
display in bad viz... :-)

> It's there since July and they have a bunch of them already sold.

Since July? Amazing. Everyone else who was willing to even admit that it
existed (dive shop owners) was told they couldn't get it until a few days
before it's officially supposed to ship.

> Photo of the Brick absolutely forbidden :)

That's what I hear as well.

> PS
> a Shearwater it's in another league.

:-)