Log for Tusa Zen DC

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Sep 11 23:55:12 PDT 2014

Dear Jef,

I really struggle with this dive computer. It is a Zen IQ900 DC of a
colleague who is heavily involved in NAUI Scuba Diver training (i.e.
"open water"). So most of his dives are in the 3m to 15m range. He wants
to see more detail of gas loading because of the yo-yo diving inherent
in introductory training. Subsurface does an upload of data, but the
data are weird.

Firstly, The DC should have 99 dives, the maximum number stored by the
Zen. On Subsurface it only shows 10 dives.

Secondly Subsurface sees some very funny values being read, as is
obvious from the xml dive log. For instance, on the last dive, it sees
cylinder pressures as well as a gas mixture that should not come from
the DC as it is a) not air-integrated and b) nitrox was disabled for
that dive. The temperature values are crazy. The depth profiles profile
look about right.

Thirdly the depth scaling that Subsurface does for the dives is crazy
for all except the first and last dives.

But I know nothing about the Zen. There is an outside possibility that
one or more of the settings in the machine were set incorrectly, but as
far as he can see there is no problem with any of the settings.

I attach three files:
1) Subsurface XML log downloaded
2) Libdivecomputer log file. This log file shows several errors.
3) Libdivecomputer dump file

Can you make any sense of this at all?
Kind regards,
willem