Log for Tusa Zen DC

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Sep 12 08:27:02 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> Firstly, The DC should have 99 dives, the maximum number stored by the Zen.
> On Subsurface it only shows 10 dives.

Just reacting to this one. As Robert already explained, we don't
actually have any microbubble model (VPM or RGBM), so subsurface will
not analyze what happens at that level.

But on the 99/10 dive thing:

It is quite common that especially low-end dive computers have two
different logs: a "overview" log that just has date/time/duration/max
(so you can see what dives you have), and the actual detailed log of
dives with full information and dive profiles etc.

And I think your DC has a 99-dive "overview" log, so that on the dive
computer you can go through the log-book and see the last 99 dives.
But it probably has just a fixed-size buffer (often just 4-8kB) for
the detailed logs including sample data etc. And depending on the
sample rate, roughly 10 dives of full data is actually what that kind
of dive computer will give you.

             Linus